Deborah K Bates - Blog
Saving the Laptop Mouse (From Death)
COUP FOR THE DAY:
Rescued my laptop portable mouse from death. Mouse diagnosis – corroded battery terminals.
It may not seem a big coup to most, but it is to me for a number of reasons, first of which and most importantly: it is my quest to be part of the non-throw-away-because-it-seems-not-to-work brigade. I knew I could resurrect it with a bit of nouse – oh yeah, and Google, oh yeah that’s right, and Youtube – seems I only had the nouse to go to a search engine L BUT I did save my mouse and the planet (just a little) through recycling J
Saving the Dead Mouse Recipe
- A tablespoon of white vinegar
- A tablespoon of water
- A couple of Q-tips or cotton swabs
- Mix water and vinegar, dip Q-tip into the mixture and scrape away at the corrosion on the terminals.
- Make sure the terminals are dry before inserting batteries and voila - resurrected mouse!
- PS can be applied to remotes, toys, torches etc.
Thanks Hmain for the image